Davis Dyslexia Correction gets to the root of dyslexia and related learning challenges such as: ADD/ADHD, auditory processing disorder, dysgraphia (handwriting), and dyspraxia (coordination and balance).
See The Davis Math Mastery Program for information about the Davis approach to math.
As the challenges get resolved, the learner’s gifts can blossom even further.
Adults and children learn:
- Mental tools to help you focus, control your energy level, and relax.
- How to tell when perception is distorted and how to fix it.
- How to master letters and punctuation marks. (These 2-D symbols can cause confusion for a 3-D picture-thinker.)
- How to master words that don’t make a picture in the mind (like “to”, “on”, and “the”).
- Reading strategies to help you:
- read from left to right without your eyes jumping around
- read and say long words
- read fluently
- comprehend and remember what you read
- Writing strategies to improve comfort, handwriting, spelling, drafting and editing.
- Coordination and balance exercises that also help with visual perception.
- Auditory orientation to improve auditory processing and listening.
- How to recognize and master speech sounds.